Saturday, December 31, 2011

What I Really Wish for 2012



What I really wish for 2012? Above all else, I wish I could recover (or rediscover) the relationship I once had with my little girl, this little girl of mine whom I love so much, for whom I patiently waited for 11 long years, and to whom I dedicated every second of my utmost attention while she was growing up. I wish I could regain her love, her admiration, her kindness like I once had. I wish I could receive from her a great, big, warm hug like I used to have when she was little and heard my coming back home after a day’s work. I wish I could have back the same warmth and tenderness l used to enjoy so much back in the days I read her uncountable bedtime stories or when she used to fall asleep in my arms while watching TV. I wish I could see her smiling to me that authentic smile of hers that made her squint her beautiful eyes every time she smiled. What I really wish is to become, once again, the “World’s Greatest Dad” like I once was.

But if I cannot have any of this in 2012, I wish at least that this awesome little girl of mine be genuinely happy, the way I really brought her up to be, with all my limitations and shortcomings.

Happy 2012, my beloved “little girl”.

No comments:

Post a Comment